Ecotec Solutions are Coming!

A country specific area to gas about the AmericAtom
bolus

Re: Ecotec Solutions are Coming!

Post by bolus » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:53 pm

bump for updates (since the forum is sloooow lately)

shinoo

Post by shinoo » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:48 am

Sorry for not updating this.  We upgraded a bunch of items these last few weeks.  I've been posting some of this info on our BLOG.
http://sector111.blogspot.com/2009/08/atom-intake.html

I've put in a smaller pulley, larger injectors, changed the endplate on the laminova, added one of Tom's new ic rads and testing two new ECU tunes.  The Atom runs like a bat out of hell.  I will take it to the dyno soon to see.  We tuned it on the street and the AFRs look great.  Now to the dyno to see if we've made any power.

We just finished installing the TMI front wing - yes, I gave up on our front wing.  Though we've been making slow progress on the rear wing strut, it is still not done.  I may need to abandon it as the cost is running out of control.  I will sort out a more cost effective solution to replace it.  See some pix of Taj Mahal of rear wing struts below:

Read more here: http://sector111.blogspot.com/2009/08/a ... tment.html

WorkingOnIt

Post by WorkingOnIt » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:34 am

Holy molely - I just saw the new rear wing strut when I looked at the blog link in the new dyno tune thread.
Looks great.  Room for custom exhaust while guarding and reducing burn risk to inquisitive kids.  Blog states it can be anodized to custom colors.  :tu:

I hope it's ok to link the photos (just pm me if you want them removed)  More pics in the blog.  Looking forward to reading about suspension tuning with the wings.

Last edited by WorkingOnIt on Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silver

Post by silver » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:42 pm

I knew we were getting close with the add-on intercooler and whatnot.

So: how much is the real question, and what are they using to tune it.  Reason being is that since so many of us have different exhausts, we might need to get the tune tweaked after it arrives.

Same goes for pulley size variation fuel injector's used all that stuff.....as I know there's many of us that have all sorts of different injectors / pulleys / exhausts, do we need to start from scratch or can we use what we have to get it done and just add what's missing?