2009 poll - Additional Pagid compounds for Brammo Race brake package

A country specific area to gas about the AmericAtom

What other Pagid brake pads do you want for the Brammo Alcon Race Brake Package?

Poll runs till Wed Jul 07, 2049 10:06 am
You may select 1 option

View results

Terry Kennedy

2009 poll - Additional Pagid compounds for Brammo Race brake package

Post by Terry Kennedy » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:03 am

I've been talking to Hoerr Racing again, and there's going to be another run of Pagid pads to fit the Brammo Atom's 4-pot Alcon calipers. Shinoo at Sector111 carries the RS4-2-1 and RS4-4 compounds for these brakes, so we're not going to do those - just order them as a stock item from Sector111. They're in the poll only so I can get a feel for what people are thinking.

The exotic pad compounds will be available this time if you want to try them. However, please note that some of these compounds aren't appropriate for an Atom, and unless you want to experiment you may want to stick with the factory RS4-2 or one of the compounds Sector111 is offering.

I don't know if these are the same pads used on the TMI Atoms with 4-pot Alcons. For reference, the Pagid shape designation is 8009. However, since this shape is nearly unique to the Atom, we'll be taking 1203 pads and having them professionally cut down by 2mm, just like we did last time.

You can find more information at the Pagid pages here and here.

Cost will be between $200 and $300, approximately, depending on the compound and how many sets are ordered. Ordering will be directly from Hoerr, same as last time.
Last edited by Terry Kennedy on Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Radowick

Re: 2009 poll - Additional Pagid compounds for Brammo Race brake package

Post by Radowick » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:14 pm

This past weekend at the track, I spoke to Positron about where to get some new replacement parts for our Alcon brake calipers such as the tiny hairpin. I told him about Hoerr Racing as a Alcon source of parts. After thinking about it, I went ahead and tried to find any alternate source for the tiny pin. But it appears to be a unique type with the top flattened for max. clearance from the inside of the wheel. So today I called Hoerr Racing to see if they can help me get the following spare parts:  small hairpin, cross-pin, and the spring plate.
  Is anyone else interested in getting some spares of these parts?

Terry Kennedy

Post by Terry Kennedy » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:25 am

[quote="Spanky"]
So today I called Hoerr Racing to see if they can help me get the following spare parts:  small hairpin, cross-pin, and the spring plate.
[/quote]

I thought it was a standard cotter pin. Sure, I'll order a couple of each.

The following Alcon drawing may be useful:
Attachments
CAR36I01.29_181_1.pdf
(77.13 KiB) Downloaded 128 times

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:49 am

:D
Last edited by Heywood-Yablowme on Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Terry Kennedy

Post by Terry Kennedy » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:42 am

[quote="Guardian of the module"]
I'd vote,but my current race pads aren't on the list. ;)  [/quote]

Are they a Pagid pad? I thought I'd listed all of the current production compounds.

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:58 am

;)
Last edited by Heywood-Yablowme on Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Radowick

Post by Radowick » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:34 pm

[quote="Terry Kennedy"]
[quote="Spanky"]
So today I called Hoerr Racing to see if they can help me get the following spare parts:  small hairpin, cross-pin, and the spring plate.
[/quote]

I thought it was a standard cotter pin. Sure, I'll order a couple of each.

The following Alcon drawing may be useful:
[/quote]

Thanks for the drawing. Very interesting.

I just got a message back from Hoerr Racing. They have some kind of agreement with TMI to not sell Alcon parts for Atoms, and asked me to go to TMI to get the spare parts I am looking for. 

Radowick

Post by Radowick » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:17 pm

I just got this message from TMI:

The parts you inquired about are not items we have in stock and our supplier does not have them in stock at this time. We can place an order for them but they will be coming from the UK which means a little wait.

Here are the prices for the parts you listed:
        Pad Retaining Pin (Cross Pin)  $5.00 each
        R-Clip (Small Hairpin)              $2.50 each
        Anti-Rattle Clip (Spring Plate)  $23.00 each
Let us know if you wish to purchase them and we will gladly order and ship them to you when they come in. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Sheila Kirk
Purchasing
TMI AutoTech, Inc.

positron

Post by positron » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:52 am

So what kind of bastard parts do we have that there are no R-clips in the continental US?... maybe we can get a box thrown in with Calscot's container of parts..

somebody turn on the "Bolus where are you?" beacon...

positron

Post by positron » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:04 am

Special thanks to Spanky for helping tracking these parts down.

NAPA has an identical dimension ( .047"/ 1.20mm) for Volvo's - NAPA part 82452W This will yield an axle set with the pad retaining pins (two pins/two R clips) which is does not have the shoulder at the head of the pin but clip is same, but will work in a pinch. So for a car set you'll need two.

Porch has a larger diameter wire (.058"/1.48mm) part 90135195510. These are each. At this point it's undecided whether the extra cost/name will yield a corresponding outcome.

FWIW- I probably would have bought from TMI if they or their supplier could have supplied without the transcontinental "little wait."
Last edited by positron on Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Terry Kennedy

Post by Terry Kennedy » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:41 am

[quote="Terry Kennedy"]
I've been talking to Hoerr Racing again, and there's going to be another run of Pagid pads to fit the Brammo Atom's 4-pot Alcon calipers.[/quote]

Given that the poll only generated 3 votes, it doesn't look like there's enough interest to get another group buy together. Jason @ Hoerr quoted me $25/axle (set) to cut the stock 1203 pads down to the 15.5 Brammo Alcon size. That quote has expired, but the price is probably still the same. Feel free to order pads directly.