Post Your Order to Delivery Dates Here

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
356speedster

Post Your Order to Delivery Dates Here

Post by 356speedster » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:17 pm

I was thinking about posting this for some time and have only just got round to it.  Rather than us all ringing the factory and bugging the hard working chaps, I though it would be good if those who have JUST TAKEN DELIVERY of a new car, could post their order / delivery dates in a single thread.  This way, those of us in the queue would have an indication of how things are moving in Somerset, without distracting them with phone calls.

The idea being that if someone posts: Ordered April 15th 2007 and Delivered 25th Feb 2008, not delayed at all by the owner, anyone with an order from May June would know things are getting close.

Just though this could be useful for those of us waiting for cars......

If anyone who has received their car in Feb would like to get the ball rolling, we'll see if this works!!  You never know, if the factory aren't answering phone calls & e-mails, the wait times might come down ;D

Mark

jon b

Re: Post Your Order to Delivery Dates Here

Post by jon b » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:29 pm

Ordered Jan 2008 - delivery due 18months later  ;D

AlanP

Post by AlanP » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:35 pm

Ordered End March '07  Collected 26/1/08  :tu:

I believe, however, that I had an advantage in that a number of owners delayed delivery until March.
Last edited by AlanP on Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beautiful 2000 XJR, last ever supercharged Atom, Fiesta Active, 'Verstappen' Honda e, Focus, Jaguar iPace, Volcano Yellow, MSO Black Pack 720S Spider.

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:38 pm

Factory visit 23rd September 2004, paid deposit told 8-12 weeks and delivered 11th January 2005.  So that's 15 weeks 5 days, but I should have taken delivery before Christmas, (but some paper work got lost) so more like the 12 weeks promised.

It was Christmas Eve 2004 that the famous Top Gear episode was first shown.

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:40 pm

This thread will only upset people IMHO.

The problem is that delivery times are going UP not down.

Someone who ordered a year ago will have been given about a year's delivery. Someone who orders today will be given 18 months as an ETA, so they'll see others getting cars quicker than they'll be getting theirs. Thus defeating the stated purpose of the thread.

However, now that I've pointed that out, perhaps I'll be wrong... Don't think so, though. Never seen a thread like this yet that didn't make people miserable - and that is NOT what this forum is about.

I would love to be proved wrong. However, if I'm right, I'll shut the thread down.
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:45 pm

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]

Someone who ordered a year ago will have been given about a year's delivery. Someone who orders today will be given 18 months as an ETA, so they'll see others getting cars quicker than they'll be getting theirs. Thus defeating the stated purpose of the thread.

However, now that I've pointed that out, perhaps I'll be wrong... Don't think so, though. Never seen a thread like this yet that didn't make people miserable - and that is NOT what this forum is about.

I would love to be proved wrong. However, if I'm right, I'll shut the thread down.
[/quote]

A little Orwellian Bruce, just because you don't like the outcome you're going to remove the thread.  People know lead times have gone up.  Just my opinion, but possibly the factory should pull it's finger out.  We could turn this into one of those threads telling the factory how to run it's business  ;)

356speedster

Post by 356speedster » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:59 pm

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]

[/quote]

I don't think that's right Bruce.  Everyone knows that delivery times are going up and last year people were given shorter lead times than are being quoted now.  That's NOT for debate here.

The idea is that if people receiving their cars NOW (not 2005 John!!), can see the wait time experienced and they're already in the queue, as time goes by trends will develop and at least an indication of how much wait time remains will start to form.  This way, we won't all be rininging the factory avery few weeks!

The immediate benefit (at this point in Feb), is for people who have ordered May, June, July, Aug.  If we can see people receiving cars that ordered in Feb, March, April, we can start to see a picture of how things are progressing.

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:26 pm

[quote="John Lloyd"]
A little Orwellian Bruce, just because you don't like the outcome you're going to remove the thread. 
[/quote]

Yup. Benign dictatorship is the way forward... ;D

Seriously, this forum is about information and entertainment. If it ever slumps through a slough of despond into bitching, moaning and making people miserable, I'm going to take it upon myself to stop it.

Hopefully the previous posts will act as a deterrent and allow people to manage their expectations correctly.
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:45 pm

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
[quote="John Lloyd"]
A little Orwellian Bruce, just because you don't like the outcome you're going to remove the thread. 
[/quote]

Yup. Benign dictatorship is the way forward... ;D

Seriously, this forum is about information and entertainment. If it ever slumps through a slough of despond into bitching, moaning and making people miserable, I'm going to take it upon myself to stop it.

Hopefully the previous posts will act as a deterrent and allow people to manage their expectations correctly.
[/quote]

Dictatorship now no wonder no one joins the club!  ;D ;)

Monza

Post by Monza » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:17 pm

if 356Speester post-rules' are respected (so no post from John or Bruce ! ;D ;)), it can be an interesting post :
only one post per owner collecting his car indicating order date (first deposit) and collecting date. And NO post or discussion from people who are waiting ! :doh: ;)
Jean-Pascal
Atom 3.5 310 Honda LHD

NathanE

Post by NathanE » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:45 pm

Ordered some time in December 2006, can't remember exactly when, delivered 24th February 2008. 

I had a very good dialogue with Tom at Ariel about the schedule whilst I was waiting and was completely happy with the experience. 

Then again, I did have a second hand car that I had bought to help pass the time - a tactic that I would recommend to anyone. 

356speedster

Post by 356speedster » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:00 pm

[quote="Monza"]
if 356Speester post-rules' are respected (so no post from John or Bruce ! ;D ;)), it can be an interesting post :
only one post per owner collecting his car indicating order date (first deposit) and collecting date. And NO post or discussion from people who are waiting ! :doh: ;)
[/quote]

Absolutely!  Lets cut the right / wrong discussions and see how the thread goes purely with the responses of those people taking delivery from Feb 08.... comments such as those from AlanP & Mr Toad are what folks in the queue woudl find interesting (I think!).

apollyon25

Post by apollyon25 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:25 pm

Ordered 1st Nov 2006, shipped 14th Dec 2007, arrived NZ 15th Jan 2008, on road 2nd of Feb or so...

wisp

Post by wisp » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:39 am

[quote="apollyon25"]
Ordered 1st Nov 2006, shipped 14th Dec 2007, arrived NZ 15th Jan 2008, on road 2nd of Feb or so...
[/quote]

44 days...  :'(

I still have not seen it in the flesh, apart from trying to navigate my way around in a dark metal box the day the container was opened.

AndyG

Post by AndyG » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:29 am

Ordered 14th Oct 06, got 14th Nov 07.

didn't get a used one in the interim, but bought another Elise and went racing instead  :)