Anyone fancy swapping their 245+ for a Boxster S??

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
datom

Anyone fancy swapping their 245+ for a Boxster S??

Post by datom » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:00 pm

Got a LOVELY special order Iris Blue with Dark Blue Leather Boxster 3.2S with only 48k on the clock. Great everyday practical sports car. Got 18" GT3 wheels and lightronic headlights. Ex-demo, so all the extras you need!

ross

Re: Anyone fancy swapping their 245+ for a Boxster S??

Post by ross » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:13 pm

Only if you remove the windscreen, body work and anything else that isn't needed....what is a lightronic light anyway????  I'd only want that option if it meant that it flapped around wildly at speed.

datom

Post by datom » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:19 pm

[quote="Ross McWilliam"]
Only if you remove the windscreen, body work and anything else that isn't needed....what is a lightronic light anyway????   I'd only want that option if it meant that it flapped around wildly at speed.
[/quote]
You can remove the roof. And then put it back again. It's a truly amazing concept that isn't featured on an atom.

ross

Post by ross » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:32 pm

Does it have wing mirrors which bend in and downwards at speed so as to avoid the view behind?  I could never have a car where I could see behind me.

Also, how many rattles does it come with?  And does it have the option that allows you to leave the indicators on?

Finally, and this is a clincher for me - do you have to disconnect the battery when you leave it resting for more than a couple of days?  The last thing I want is a car that doesn't have that feature.

Angie-Babe

Post by Angie-Babe » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:36 pm

:o Hey Datom, Two hopes here
Bob Hope and NO Hope ;D

JTD

Post by JTD » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:41 pm

Was thinking of going for a  "Battery master switch kit" when ordering my car in the hope that it would get around the flat battery problem that cars like the Atom\Caterham suffer from. - I guess a trickle charger it is then.

Angie-Babe

Post by Angie-Babe » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:43 pm

Actually I would swap my 7 seater Vauxall Zafira Comfort, silver grey, 50,000 on the clock one Careful lady driver  ;D

ross

Post by ross » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:59 pm

[quote="JTD - "Oppenheimer""]
Was thinking of going for a  "Battery master switch kit" when ordering my car in the hope that it would get around the flat battery problem that cars like the Atom"other track car" suffer from. - I guess a trickle charger it is then.
[/quote]

10mm ring spanner in the nosecone is all you need - saves you £150.  Unless you're planning on racing it of course in which you'll need it.

datom

Post by datom » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:08 pm

[quote="Ross McWilliam"]
Does it have wing mirrors which bend in and downwards at speed so as to avoid the view behind?  I could never have a car where I could see behind me.

hmmm... You can even move the mirrors around at standstill by using a button on the dashboard (yes there's even a dashboard!!)

Also, how many rattles does it come with?   And does it have the option that allows you to leave the indicators on?

Well.... the passenger seatbelt makes a very occasional rattle if not slotted into the seatbelt holder properly. I could wrip out the holder so it makes a constant knocking!!

Finally, and this is a clincher for me - do you have to disconnect the battery when you leave it resting for more than a couple of days?  The last thing I want is a car that doesn't have that feature.

I'll take the battery out of my KTM motorcycle (which is rediculously small!) before delivery of the car

[/quote]

Now down to the nitty gritty stuff. How many thousands of pounds you gonna give me in the P/X?

Angie-Babe

Post by Angie-Babe » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:11 pm

Well my car also comes with a health warning, it's not been cleaned in a year and I have too very untidy kids

datom

Post by datom » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:18 pm

[quote="Angie-Babe"]
Actually I would swap my 7 seater Vauxall Zafira Comfort, silver grey, 50,000 on the clock one Careful lady driver  ;D

[/quote]

::) thanks.

Angie-Babe

Post by Angie-Babe » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:23 pm

J. C.  has explained to me how DIFFICULT it will be to change the seating so that I can drive the Atom,  he made it sound so complicated. hahahaha  now even me ( a blonde ) knows that 4 bolts won't stop me moving the seat forward  ::)  One week to go  yippeeeeeeee

ross

Post by ross » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:25 pm

[quote="datom"]
Now down to the nitty gritty stuff. How many thousands of pounds you gonna give me in the P/X?
[/quote]

Ha ha ROFLMAO, you want me to pay you as well?  ;)

Only kidding mate.  Sorry.

AtomFun

Post by AtomFun » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:29 pm

[quote="Ross McWilliam"]
ROFLMAO[/quote]

Seems you're a regular chatter Ross!

datom

Post by datom » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:32 pm

[quote="Ross McWilliam"]
[quote="datom"]
[/quote]

Ha ha ROFLMAO, you want me to pay you as well?   ;)

Only kidding mate.  Sorry.
[/quote]

Call me...  ;)