Uk registration and insurance

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
Monza

Uk registration and insurance

Post by Monza » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:43 am

Hi every one,
i have some questions for you (UK guies) concerning UK registration and Insurance.
As you perhaps know, it's impossible to register an Atom 4 here in France but i try to find a solution for one of my french customer :
. this guy has a daughter living in UK and who owns her house, but she has no driving licence (!!)
. Ariel told me that if they first register the Atom to factory name and then sell it, so already with a V5c, to my customer, it'll be possible for him to register it in UK.
Question : which document is necessary to register a used car in UK : V5c, UK address (his daughter one), driving licence (his french one) , other ?

And same question concerning insurance.

If we can have a solution with using his daughter UK address and his french driving licence (the owner/dad one) it'll be great.
Many thanks for your comments/help.

autobackup

Re: Uk registration and insurance

Post by autobackup » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:07 pm

Monza

As far as I'm aware you don't have to have a driving licence to register a car in the UK as the 'Registered Keeper' does not need to be the legal owner

So the daughter could be the registered 'Keeper' at her UK address however I suspect that your owner would also need to use his daughter's UK address for insurance purposes but how a UK insurance company would view his having a French driving licence now the UK has left the EU is probably more problematic?
Atom 3.5R (Cyprus)
Honda CRV 2.2 Ex Auto i-DTEC (Cyprus)
Suzuki Celerio 1.0 SZ4 (Cyprus)
Honda CRV Ex I-MMD eCVT Hybrid (UK)

Monza

Re: Uk registration and insurance

Post by Monza » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:12 pm

Thank you 👍
So i need to clear up a the insurance question because that's not a normal situation but i seehere in France that UK citizens having a car here, registered in France, do no not struggle to obtain insurance with their UK driving licence.