Atom XX

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
hamtt

Atom XX

Post by hamtt » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:10 pm

I had an interesting conversation with a customer over the weekend.

He'd just bought an Atom after wanting one for years. He said he had been wanting one since having been taken along to Atom X by a friend, and commented on how good the atmosphere and the event was, and had been lurking on the forums since.

He also mentioned that he hadn't come across any info or posts regarding a 20th anniversary event and also commented on the decline of the "community".

Is anything planned or in the pipeline for Atom XX? The comments from the customer show clearly how good a marketing event Atom X was both for the Atom and the club.

I'm sure with the participation of the factory this could potentially become quite a significant event.
My website: Skunkwurx - Create an account and PM me for forum member pricing
Ariel Atom Parts and UpgradesRace Technology Dash2

phil4

Re: Atom XX

Post by phil4 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:13 pm

Yes.

Slightly longer version - I'm not sure Ariel yet have settled on what/when they're doing.... so is a bit premature for us to start.

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:45 pm

They’re defo doing summat, for sure. Not decided upon, that’s all.

Cheers,
Hedge

hamtt

Post by hamtt » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:05 pm

Wasn't the original Atom X arranged by the club (Richard Marler & Co) and not the factory, albeit with their support?
My website: Skunkwurx - Create an account and PM me for forum member pricing
Ariel Atom Parts and UpgradesRace Technology Dash2

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:42 pm

Here's the Atom X posts/threads from way back ..

viewforum.php?f=85
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:46 pm

.. and an extract from the very first announcement thread ..

The event was particularly exciting as the factory revealed the Atom 500 for the very first time

General Information

The event will run from Saturday the 4th of September 2010 to Monday the 6th. We understand that some people would have preferred the bank holiday weekend, the week before, but overall the opinion was in favour of avoiding those dates. It seems some people have family lives, that do not always involve the Atom and that, as such, using up bank holiday weekends is not always popular with the family. In addition, being totally honest, exclusive track availability was very limited during the bank holiday.

The event name is Atom X.

The factory are fully supporting the event, have been integral in the planning and organisation and will be in attendance on each day. After much discussion, it has been agreed that the format of the event will be a mix social gathering, road rally (hooning) and track day. The factory are taking responsibility for the first two days of social gathering and road rally, the club are taking responsibility for the first ever exclusive UK track day. The reason for the split of activities is clear, in that we are looking to attract owners that do not regularly track their cars, and that may not be active in the club or even on the forum. It would be relatively easy for John H to strong arm all the usual suspects into attending a club track day, so we want to set our reach a bit beyond that. We hope the event will encourage more owners to join the club and more potential owners to take the plunge.

In order to get a firm idea of numbers we will be looking for people to commit to the event by making a non-refundable deposit of £100. This deposit will be payable ASAP and will go directly towards the track booking costs. We are looking to keep overall costs for the weekend in the region of £500 per person, not including sundries like petrol, etc., but the final figure may be more or less depending on the numbers we get. We are looking to get in the region of 50 + cars attending the event. It is not the intention or purpose of this event to make any money for the club or factory.

Luckky

Post by Luckky » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:51 pm

Maybe the Ariel hyper car is ready to be unveiled?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GraemeW

Post by GraemeW » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:09 am

I have spoken to Tom about this, so we can fit it in with other events next year, or rather we don’t plan something like a Euro trip at same time. There will be an event to celebrate this, but nothing planned in detail yet. Will probably publish timing early in new year (along with other events), with details following later

Peter255

Post by Peter255 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:32 am

Graeme,

The more notice the better really. Many people arrange their leave and holidays etc in January as they need to work around School holidays and plan ahead for the entire year. If we don't know dates until later it will limit peoples availability. I have suffered from this before trying to get certain dates booked off later in the year. If i don't know in January i might be too late to book a certain week.

If this is just weekend stuff then its much less of an issue, and single days off work are much easier to arrange.
Atom 4, Clio v6, & some other cars obviously.

GraemeW

Post by GraemeW » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:00 am

Peter probably a weekend or long weekend. Also, probably after school holidays in September. BUT NO FIRM DATES yet. All depends on a number of factors yet to be determined. Not least track days schedules etc which only firm up in the new year.

GraemeW

Post by GraemeW » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:09 am

Also, it won't be called Atom XX, given Ariels product range now :)

It's still too early to give any details, however, I will commit to providing earlier notice of event dates, since this has been some of the feedback in the past. We have been better this year, and can still improve next year. Trouble with firmly fixing dates, here in UK, is weather messes with your schedule....like the Welsh trip this weekend :(

jpswift

Post by jpswift » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:30 am

bloody hell..............cant believe thats nearly 10 years ago?

reg

Post by reg » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:46 am

Will it be open to ‘lite members’?

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:39 am

Full club membership is small beer compared to the event cost for the weekend !

GraemeW

Post by GraemeW » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:46 am

reg wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:46 am Will it be open to ‘lite members’?
Good question. It will probably be led by Ariel as its their birthday, and as such all Ariel owners would be welcome. Like last time there would possibly be some club activities around it.

But it’s still too early to say how it will be structured. We will advise as soon as we can