3.5R Insurance

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
reg

Re: 3.5R Insurance

Post by reg » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:11 am

Hedge wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:14 am Good for you. I’m simply pointing out that, for most owners, it isn’t.

Cheers,
Hedge
You said it wasn’t easy, which is simply not true. Of course the other option is ‘Market Value’ as Phil says. Both available. Pick one.

Hedge

3.5R Insurance

Post by Hedge » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:39 am

Ok Reg.

Yawn.

Cheers,
Hedge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reg

Post by reg » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:23 am

Ever the expert Hedge. If you write bs don’t be that surprised that you get picked up for it.

Yawn indeed.

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:02 pm

Yeah, BS indeed mate. I only work in Lloyd’s - no, not the bank - so WTF do I know.

Cheers,
Hedge.

reg

Post by reg » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:29 pm

Lol, you said it :D

IanG

Post by IanG » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:28 pm

What's working in a pharmacy got to do with insurance :pop:

Anon

Post by Anon » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:12 pm

Maybe it is that drugs are risky, like fast cars, who knows...

reg

Post by reg » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:32 pm

Good deal on headache pills though, which can be useful :)

Peter255

Post by Peter255 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:30 am

FWIW i also went with agreed value via FJ. It was very simple.

All FJ wanted was an applicable dealer (who didn't sell you the car) or a club valuation. I went to the top and got a valuation from el presidente!

I completed a form which Alex signed for me to confirm the condition (he knows the car well). Job done. :tu:

In the past from memory Tom from Ariel did this for me a while back (again as they know the car condition).

Its really no hassle. Just a small form, get someone lined up and a signature. You didn't have to do it every year either!

Much safer IMO as there is no discussion over the payout as the value is pre-agreed.
Atom 4, Clio v6, & some other cars obviously.

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:47 pm

In 12 years of having Atoms & a Nomad, I've tried getting agreed value policies with REIS, Adrian Flux, Classic Line, MSN + A-Plan. None have been willing to offer it.

It's great that Footman James offer it.

I'm no expert, merely relaying my experience, nothing more.

Cheers,
Hedge

phil4

Post by phil4 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:16 pm

I'm a bit suspicious about that FJ agreed valuation stuff.

I appreciate you've only covered the highlights, but sounds like they just "take your word for it".

If so, I'd be a bit dubious about getting that exact value back should the worst happen.

I'm really no expert, just a pessimistic and cynical old git.

Peter255

Post by Peter255 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:07 am

phil4 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:16 pm I'm a bit suspicious about that FJ agreed valuation stuff.

I appreciate you've only covered the highlights, but sounds like they just "take your word for it".

If so, I'd be a bit dubious about getting that exact value back should the worst happen.

I'm really no expert, just a pessimistic and cynical old git.
I get your cynicism mate. Quite justified! :tu:

Put it this way. You buy the agreed value policy which states the specific legal and financial details about payments from the "agreed value" in the event of a claim. You get the value figure and the insurance company formally agree it. Thats all listed in black and white and confirmed in writing before any claim. FJ (for example) put the car value back to you in writing formally. The is no ambiguity.

That is a great step forward with respect to confirming the payout prior to any claim. You can argue the legalities or specifics may hinder your claim, and that is true in ALL cases. However in that instance one potential pitfall is removed. The agree value is documented and approved. They cannot come back and give you bad news due to market conditions etc etc.

If the other aspects of the policy are the same (or comparable) the agreed value policy will obviously be the safer bet for the policy holder in the event of a claim. Obviously the key is to check all the other details as well. A dodgy agreed value policy could still cause you issues in the event of a claim, but the same can be said for all policies.
Atom 4, Clio v6, & some other cars obviously.