Testing the water....barely used Ohlins TTX price?????

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
Glenn@notts

Testing the water....barely used Ohlins TTX price?????

Post by Glenn@notts » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:39 pm

Hi all. First of all I will apologise now if this post is in the wrong spot (I am far from decided so didn't want to put it in the sales section)
Recently I purchased a beautiful Atom 3 with a sensational spec as far as I'm concerned.
One massive selling point was that it featured essentially brand new Ohlins TTX dampers (the dual inline remote res ones on road springs brand new from Ariel in May all set up and only done a few hundred Miles I believe). My only concern is that I am not a driving god (probably never will be) and they are approximately 1000% better than I could ever dream of needing. Also I know how hard it is to find time for an evening drive never mind multiple track days per year. If........and I really can't stress "IF" I looked at selling them how much can I sensibly ask for? Is anybody interested? I fell in love with them as soon as I tried them but something tells me to just look in to my options. There are a number of further mods I am interested in so perhaps this is a way of helping finance phase 1 of my plans. any advice is most appreciated or feel free to pm directly. If this post is placed incorrectly feel free to move it and I will take the slap on the wrist 😁

phil4

Re: Testing the water....barely used Ohlins TTX price?????

Post by phil4 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:15 am

Hi, since you've not settled on selling I don't see why this can't stay here for now.

I've never tried the Ohlins in an atom, but have had them on my motorbikes, and they make a lot of difference regardless of whether you're driving like a track god, or just driving.

The best way I'd put them is "plush". You get damping and cushioning rather than banging and crashing. And that's just with normal road driving/riding. As such they're a much sought after and desirable option. This will help you if you sell, but equally both devalues your car on trade in, and if I'm to be believed, makes your drive after poorer.

Ballpark price? It depends what people are willing to pay, but I'd have guessed at around the 2K mark.

Hope that helps, and remember there's no rights or wrongs, just people's opinions.

wasp

Post by wasp » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:19 am

As they are £5.5k + VAT from the Factory I would have thought that you would certainly get £3-4k.

I would have bitten your hand off at that price if I still had my 3.5.

If you can do a swap with someone who has the Bilsteins plus money your way then that might be a good deal all around?

Cheers,
Stu

jaylatti

Post by jaylatti » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:33 am

£2000 lol the ohlins are just sublime DONT do it ! Worth £4500 all day long

phil4

Post by phil4 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:36 am

phil4 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:15 amI'd have guessed at around the 2K mark.
;)

DB Atom

Post by DB Atom » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:18 pm

Hi OP

If you want to swap them for some Bilsteins, do please let me know.

Cheers
Dave