Death on Pistonheads

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
John Lloyd

Death on Pistonheads

Post by John Lloyd » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:33 pm

Bruce,

I think you have successfully killed us on Pistonheads.  Every time I try to post a reply it brings up the Pistonhead rules and asks me to agree to them.  I cannot be bothred to read them and so I can no longer post on Pistonheads  ???  ???  ???

I've just read them and I think it's rule 2.4 "That promotes the addresses of other Web sites for commercial purposes; or "
Last edited by John Lloyd on Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AtomFun

Re: Death on Pistonheads

Post by AtomFun » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:47 pm

Must be something else John, I have no probs posting on Pistonheads.

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:48 pm

Yeh,  doesn't matter what forum I try to post on I ge this message.

So ignore everything,  must be some general 6 monthly bo***ks.

AtomFun

Post by AtomFun » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:51 pm

So when you getting the Atom back?

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:55 pm

[quote="AtomFun"]
So when you getting the Atom back?
[/quote]

See comments on board Technical "Lets talk JL's gearbox"  ;) :D

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:25 pm

Pistonheads has been modified. Most of us have had to agree to that new thing - it's because of the 'death threats' thang that happened a while ago (some twat suggested that someone from an anti-speed campaign would be better off dead).

The commercial purposes thing is only to address the issue of their 'no advertising your own stuff on a forum' policy
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:10 pm

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
Pistonheads has been modified. Most of us have had to agree to that new thing - it's because of the 'death threats' thang that happened a while ago (some twat suggested that someone from an anti-speed campaign would be better off dead).

The commercial purposes thing is only to address the issue of their 'no advertising your own stuff on a forum' policy
[/quote]

Not sure if it was the same thread but I saw someone offer to give out the home address and details of someone who wrote to the Times about how he was quite right to sit in the middle lane on the M-Way.  Lots of threats to go and 'sort him out' followed, rather than the sensible approach of write a letter back to the Times pointing out why he was wrong on many levels (not that the b*stards printed it)

Ben

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:14 pm

[quote="benyeats"]
[quote="Bruce Fielding"]

[/quote]

Not sure if it was the same thread but I saw someone offer to give out the home address and details of someone who wrote to the Times about how he was quite right to sit in the middle lane on the M-Way.  Lots of threats to go and 'sort him out' followed, rather than the sensible approach of write a letter back to the Times pointing out why he was wrong on many levels (not that the b*stards printed it)

Ben
[/quote]

In my house they are called "Uncle Michael".  He always stated the speed limit is 70mph and did this in the outside lane.  He never understood the  law about the outside two lanes are for over taking only and you should move over ASAP!!!!  ;D ;D

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:16 pm

That was precisely this chaps 'point' and then went on (ironically I thought) to describe speeders as 'selective highway code readers', obviously missing out section 2.1.8 about moving over when you have overtaken.  (you can look that up as IAM practice if you like John)

Ben

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:27 pm

[quote="benyeats"]
That was precisely this chaps 'point' and then went on (ironically I thought) to describe speeders as 'selective highway code readers', obviously missing out section 2.1.8 about moving over when you have overtaken.  (you can look that up as IAM practice if you like John)

Ben
[/quote]

You must have an old version.

Page 59 par 235
You MUST NOT exceed 70 mph or the maximum speed limit permitted for your vehicle (see page 26).  If a lower speed limit is in force, either permanently or temporarily, at roadworks for example, you MUST NOT exceed the lower limit. etc etc

Page 59/60 par 238
Lane discipline
You should drive in the left hand lane if the road ahead is clear. If you are overtaking a number of slower moving vehicles it may be safer to remain in the centre or outer lanes until the manoeuver is completed rather than continually changing lanes.  Return to the left hand lane once you have overtaken all the vehicles or if you are delaying traffic behibd you.  etc etc

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:30 pm

[quote="John Lloyd"]
[quote="benyeats"]
missing out section 2.1.8 about moving over when you have overtaken.  (you can look that up as IAM practice if you like John)
[/quote]

Page 59/60 par 238
Lane discipline
[/quote]

218 instead of 238 from memory when half pissed after a rugby social is not that bad.  Did you recall all of that or have to look it up ?  Do you have to learn that much deatail for the IAM test ?

Ben

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:32 pm

[quote="benyeats"]
[quote="John Lloyd"]
[quote="benyeats"]
missing out section 2.1.8 about moving over when you have overtaken.  (you can look that up as IAM practice if you like John)
[/quote]

Page 59/60 par 238
Lane discipline
[/quote]

218 instead of 238 from memory when half pissed after a rugby social is not that bad.  Did you recall all of that or have to look it up ?  Do you have to learn that much deatail for the IAM test ?

Ben
[/quote]

I typed it from the book. That's why it took me so long.  Yes, you have to know the highway code and can be failed for lack of knowledge from it (or should that be in it?)

PS Every time I reply to your reply I stay ahead of you in the stats!!!!