AT Power Dry Sump

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
texevora

AT Power Dry Sump

Post by texevora » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:43 pm

Hi folks, I'm an SRA (basically a track-focused Ariel Atom 3 for the US market) owner and am contemplating a K24/K20 frankenstein upgrade to the factory K24Z7 that came with my SRA. For context, I drive my Atom 100% on track, no street use at all. While I have not noticed any oil pressure drops in turns (despite running Hoosier A7s regularly and having front/rear wings).

Has anybody successfully installed/used the AT Power dry sump unit extensively on track with their Atom?
https://www.atpower.com/products/honda- ... ump-system

There does not seem to be much information online from anybody that has used it, and an earlier post on this forum noted that the first generation design was pulled from the market due to some design flaws.

Would hate to spend thousands on a dry sump system only to find out that it doesn't work properly.

Yorkshire

Re: AT Power Dry Sump

Post by Yorkshire » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:24 pm

I looked at the original one for my 3.5R but as you say it had design issues and was pulled from the market after various failures. Its the only one you can fit on an Atom because of the driveshaft and chassis leg preventing conventional dry sump installs.
I sold my car to Christian Douglas not sure if he is on this forum but he has fitted the latest version of it to the car now. He is the best bloke to ask or contact MMR (Michael Morrison Race Engines) as he built the motor and fitted the dry sump he may know more

texevora

Re: AT Power Dry Sump

Post by texevora » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:14 am

Thanks, just emailed Michael. I'll try to reach Christian on FB.