Atom 4 - Spec and Discussion

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
wasp

Re: Atom 4

Post by wasp » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:48 pm

Peter255 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:15 pm My only niggling doubt is its no doubt faster and better designed in every way but it seemed less scary and un-hinged. More controllable and useable. The older cars are a wild ride at times and that has been smoothed out. The right way to go but when its easier to drive faster its not always more enjoyable. Overall though a very impressive experience. I look forward to getting my grubby mitts on the keys!
I agree with you 100% here Pete, the 4 feels less visceral in standard guise than the current car. It obviously is much quicker in pretty much every scenario but it doesn't feel like it if you've had a charged Atom previously (especially the 2 as the leap is like going from White Lightning and a kebab to Moet and Truffle Risotto!)
I suspect that we'll all get used to it but it's why I went for the 350 map, not because it will deliver that much more performance in all likelihood but because it will be a bit more aggressive map than the 320 which means I can now arse around and end up in a ditch more quickly! ::)

Cheers,
Stu

Anon

Post by Anon » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:31 pm

... but it's why I went for the 350 map, not because it will deliver that much more performance in all likelihood but because it will be a bit more aggressive map than the 320 which means I can now arse around and end up in a ditch more quickly! ::)

Cheers,
Stu
this, lol!! I went for it because I know on track you always want more power no matter how much you have plus it sounds better down the pub :)

My car will likely be a bit delayed because I will go for the forged alloys and these won't be ready until end of year and I can't spec the car without any wheels. I like the carbon ones but would need to sell a kidney to buy those.

Peter255

Post by Peter255 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:33 pm

wasp wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:48 pm
I agree with you 100% here Pete, the 4 feels less visceral in standard guise than the current car. It obviously is much quicker in pretty much every scenario but it doesn't feel like it if you've had a charged Atom previously (especially the 2 as the leap is like going from White Lightning and a kebab to Moet and Truffle Risotto!)
I suspect that we'll all get used to it but it's why I went for the 350 map, not because it will deliver that much more performance in all likelihood but because it will be a bit more aggressive map than the 320 which means I can now arse around and end up in a ditch more quickly! ::)

Cheers,
Stu
Speaking to Tom yesterday the 350 map is designed to be aggressive, unlike the 320 map which is designed to be smooth. The last factory car (Titanium colour frame) is a 350 build so we could potentially ask for a demo soon. ;)
Atom 4, Clio v6, & some other cars obviously.

Peter255

Post by Peter255 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:11 am

Spec locked in now with Tom. Added the MDS after the test drive and discussion.

Black / white colour scheme, Big brakes, upgraded Bilsteins, carbon panels and dash, plus the essentials. 8)

Atom 4 320bhp 6 Speed
Limited Slip Differential
Baffled Engine Oil Sump
AP Racing 4 Pot Caliper/290mm Disc Front
AP Racing 4 Pot Caliper/290mm Disc Rear
Black Brake and Clutch Lines with Stainless Steel Fittings
Handbrake System for Rear 4 Pot Caliper Brakes
Bilstein MDS 2 way Adjustable Dampers with 2 piece springs - Road/Track
Quick Release Steering Wheel
Towing Eye Kit Rear Road/Track Day Use (1 x hook)
3" Seat Belts/Harnesses With Alloy Chest Adjusters (each side)
3" Seat Belt/Harness Pads
Road Legal Wheel and Track Day Tyre Package
Stainless Steel Fixings
Machined Aluminium Wing Mirror Set
Aero Screen
Locking Fuel Cap
Tracker (Insurance approved)
Towing Eye Kit Front (road use)
Carbon Fibre Body Set (airbox,bonnet)
Carbon Fibre Instrument Panel
Rear Fog/Reverse/Number Plate Tail Tidy
Black Colour Wheels
White with pearl lacquer Powder Coat Chassis
IVA Test
Road Tax + Registration

55+ :o

GraemeW

Post by GraemeW » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:54 am

I’m looking forward to seeing that Peter

Peter255

Post by Peter255 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:52 am

GraemeW wrote:I’m looking forward to seeing that Peter
Likewise!!!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

robfitz

Post by robfitz » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:37 am

That is very similar to what I would like, though I am about 18 months further on from you guys....

What is the cost of the white powdercoat chassis as that isn’t on the price list i have?

Cheers
Rob
GR Yaris CP for when it rains, Atom 4 for when it doesn’t.

Peter255

Post by Peter255 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:58 am

robfitz wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:37 am
What is the cost of the white powdercoat chassis as that isn’t on the price list i have?

Cheers
Rob
I have PM'ed you the cost.

robfitz

Post by robfitz » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:06 pm

Thanks Peter

Look forward to seeing it :tu:
GR Yaris CP for when it rains, Atom 4 for when it doesn’t.

Peter255

Post by Peter255 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:59 pm

Someone asked earlier in the thread about further payments...

I am now in the process of paying half the final cost to Ariel so they can order the frame for me.

Progress! :tu:

cannon24889

Post by cannon24889 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:34 pm

Peter255 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:59 pm Someone asked earlier in the thread about further payments...

I am now in the process of paying half the final cost to Ariel so they can order the frame for me.

Definitely progress hopefully they can start getting them out soon and the get the backlog down.

Sounds like you've got a good spec and colour scheme

Winmoz

Post by Winmoz » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:18 pm

Nice spec Pete. Clearly the wrong colour combo, but I respect your right to be incorrect
#Yellow&Black

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#BananAtom

Anon

Post by Anon » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:58 pm

Peter255 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:59 pm Someone asked earlier in the thread about further payments...

Wow, so this would be approx Aug/Sep delivery. Mine is now delayed because after seeing the CAD design for the forged alloys (thanks Tom), I cannot refuse those no matter the cash needed so prepared to wait to get them. I just don't like the stock wheels.

On the topic of colour combos. I thought long and hard about a white chassis and black panels or just black everything and gold wheels. I settled on black everything and gold forged alloy wheels with no logo's/decals.

Peter255

Post by Peter255 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:11 am

Winmoz,

Current car is yellow. Fancy a change. :P

Simon,

Black / gold will look sweet! :tu: I've not seen the forged wheels, but they aren't ready so were discounted. Wheels can be changed tho. in future.

Tom has suggested a heavily caveated 12 weeks (obviously there could be further delays) so hopefully some time in August. 8)

Unless its early August I will probably register it for 1st September for the new 69 registration.

Preseh

Post by Preseh » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:55 pm

Spec looks great Peter! Was there anything that your current car does/doesn't have that you had to have on the list for the new car? This will be my first Atom so I'm slowly trying to figure out what are the golden items to spec.