Any one close to Solihull in the Midlands?

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
AgentOrange

Any one close to Solihull in the Midlands?

Post by AgentOrange » Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:54 am

Hi Chaps;
I'm a new poster, but a long time "lurker" both here and @ PH, I'm on the cusp of taking the plunge, but I've one question and one big favour to ask the group.
First the question - whats the realistic delay between order and delivery on the Atom?

And the favor ? - is there anyone based close to Solihull / midlands area with an Atom that I could have a look at? (Why - I need to know if I can get in and out of one ! - its a long story but an honest request)

Thanks AC

AtomFun

Re: Any one close to Solihull in the Midlands?

Post by AtomFun » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:06 am

Welcome to the forum AC

So you're one of the infamous lurkers! :) Glad you joined us. I'm sure you'll find someone nearby willing to oblige.

Did you ever see the news item that showed Ken Clarke sitting in a Formula2 car? Well I felt a bit like that the first time I got in an Atom - was so embarassing as I couldn't get out!! There is a sorta nac to it and I don't have such a problem now.

I'm still waiting for my Atom ordered in early May - I'm hoping to get it before the end of the month. I understand my chassis arrived at the factory yesterday 10th.

If you take a ride in one you'll be hooked! The waiting is horrible but worthwhile in the end.

Good luck

Atom120

Post by Atom120 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:21 am

[quote="AgentOrange"]
First the question - whats the realistic delay between order and delivery on the Atom?
[/quote]
Being realistic, 4-5 months.
[quote="AgentOrange"]
And the favor ? - is there anyone based close to Solihull / midlands area with an Atom that I could have a look at?
[/quote]
I'm in Warwick, and would be more than willing to take you out for a spin. Can't do it this week unfortunately because ...err ...well, my car hasn't been built yet!! Should be ready sometime in the next 2 weeks]
[quote="AtomFun"]
I'm still waiting for my Atom ordered in early May - I'm hoping to get it before the end of the month. I understand my chassis arrived at the factory yesterday 10th.
[/quote]
They've just started building mine apparently - so I beat you ...just!! Steve's building mine - lets hope he doesn't get the flu or anything, or yours'll be ready before mine!

AtomFun

Post by AtomFun » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:31 am

[quote="Atom120"]
They've just started building mine apparently - so I beat you ...just!! Steve's building mine - lets hope he doesn't get the flu or anything, or yours'll be ready before mine!
[/quote]

So they've started building yours but the SVA won't be done until after Cadwell? Perhaps I won't get mine by the end of the month then! Oh well, back to GTR!

If anyone else uses this sim game, perhaps e could have a race around Spa over the internet - I'm pretty much useless at it so you'll win!

How's the tranny?
Last edited by AtomFun on Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:31 pm

To get BACK TO THE TOPIC....

There's a meeting of lots of Atoms at Cadwell on 22nd. You'll get lots of opinion there and be able to see if you fit, and if you enjoy the experience.
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

AtomFun

Post by AtomFun » Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:41 pm

Can tell you were never a boy scout - passing the message down the line!

I subscribe to many forums and 'threads' rarely stay on topic, it's just the natural flow of conversation. A bit like your office and back yard - untidy ;)

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:54 pm

[quote="AtomFun"]
I subscribe to many forums and 'threads' rarely stay on topic, it's just the natural flow of conversation.
[/quote]
True, but it's also the duty of mods to try to ensure that threads stay on topic at least once in a while!
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

AtomFun

Post by AtomFun » Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:08 pm

Maybe we could have a poll on this matter. What you think? I actually enjoy the way a thread goes 'off topic' as it's usually in a humourous way!

I sometimes sit here laughing at the banter.