What factory colour did/would you buy?

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.

You may select 1 option

View results

AtomFun

Post by AtomFun » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:19 pm

Paint jobs seem to be a hot topic just now.

I'm interested in what colour did you spec when you ordered your Atom?

I originally went for Black but became just a little concerned that other road user might not see me! It was hi-lighted when out driving the other day, I failed to see the presence of a black car!

dentz

Re: What factory colour did/would you buy?

Post by dentz » Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:56 am

do all mine myself had r1 blue last time new one is ordered in black.  when panels arive i am adding a heat reactive coating and also a spectra fx flip coat. meaning that when the car is cold it will be black with a pearlecent blue and green sparkle,when the car or the body panels warm up the black will change to electric blue which will also have the pearlecent blue and green sparkle. will send photo when done.

the only way to get an original colour

Dezoris

Post by Dezoris » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:47 pm

Probably the most played out but mine will be red.

AtomFun

Post by AtomFun » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:50 pm

When is yours due and what spec?

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:58 pm

Colour number one:

[img width=640 height=426]http://gallery.atomclub.com/albums/user ... ord008.jpg[/img]

Colour number two:

[img width=640 height=352]http://gallery.atomclub.com/albums/user ... om%203.jpg[/img]

Apparently the factory does them in other colours...
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

AtomFun

Post by AtomFun » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:03 pm

What part of the country is colour number 1 now?

I did query the colour situation when I visited the factory a few weeks back. Their stock colours are as on the companies website. Ben confirmed that choosing another colour would cost £300.

By the poll it seems that Yellow is not very popular!

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:07 pm

Number one went to Yorkshire but  is now metallic Steel, the current owner for some reason not enjoying turquoise...

There are actually at least three yellow ones that I know of...
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

dentz

Post by dentz » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:59 pm

due november but panels should arive shortley. spec sold my 275 to get new 300 with all the normal toys. added bluetooth option to intercom system so it will work with the tomtom rider and  phone.

AtomFun

Post by AtomFun » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:02 pm

I'm interested in the bluetooth 'toy'. I've been considering ways of using bluetooth to get rid of all those damn wires.

There's some interesting bluetooth gear around, I wonder what your specific setup will be?

Andrew Hobson

Post by Andrew Hobson » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:23 pm

Ok first post.  I got the blue one from Bruntingthorpe in January.  Yellow had gone (to Andy in Warwick?), wasn't keen on th egreen or the red, which I thought too orange.  Anyway I'd had a red Jensen Healey for about 24 years so time for a change of colour as well as car.

A

Atom120

Post by Atom120 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:49 am

[quote="Andrew Hobson"]
Ok first post.  I got the blue one from Bruntingthorpe in January.  Yellow had gone (to Andy in Warwick?),
[/quote]
Aye, that was me! I chose the yellow one because ...it was the one nearest the front of the shed at Bruntingthorpe  ;)

My Dad bought me a yellow Triumph Spitfire for me when I was about 4 years old (or a Lellow Pitfire as I called it then...), and I've loved yellow cars ever since. Sadly he sold it when I was about 9 - though if I remember correctly, he did give me 50p to say thankyou for T-cut-ing the entire car before he sold it. Probably not one of my more lucrative business deals...

Atom120

Post by Atom120 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:53 am

[quote="AtomFun"]
By the poll it seems that Yellow is not very popular!
[/quote]
On the contrary, its now tied with green and blue!! My new one's going to be stock factory yellow as well - but on a graphite chassis this time...

Andrew Hobson

Post by Andrew Hobson » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:27 pm

i went off yellow as a car colour after the experience of my younger brother with a yellow Honda civic, one of the early ones with those stange fake air vents standing up from the bonnet.  Not only was it an awful car to drive any furhter than down to the post box, really tinny and nasty, but it was very yellow and faded almost as you looked at it.

I had it onloan for a spell after i had totalled by Alfa GT Junior, and it also had a trick at night of the fuse for the lights coming loose so you would suddenly be plunged into darkness.  The remedy was simply as the fuse box was by your right knee and a good thump would restore illumination.

I swore I would never touch a Honda again.  Hmmm now look what I own, although it is not Honda engined and i think Honda has worked on quality a bit in the intervening years.

Andrew